Public Sector Accessibility
People Access provides planning, implementation, and training expertise for:
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation
- Draft Built Environment Standards
- Building audits
- Barrier identification
- Remediation and prioritization
- Capital planning
- Employee accommodation
- Website accessibility
- Alternate formats
After 10 years of planning and implementing improvements to accessibility for people with disabilities, Ontario’s approximately 1,000 public sector organizations learned the importance of starting early to meet ODA and AODA compliance deadlines.
The experts at People Access have helped hundreds of organizations to implement the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Now we are answering the call for help with the Integrated Accessibility Standards (IASR).
The People Access consulting process follows these steps:
Contact one of our customer-service representatives to schedule a phone conversation with the appropriate expert.
1) Discuss your needs and concerns by phone to determine next actions.
2) Schedule an information session for senior leadership, managers, and supervisors.
3) Schedule a facilitated workshop session with your team to produce:
– An overall implementation strategy for the IASR
– Policies for employment, information & communications, and transportation
– Training plans and customized content
– Multi-year accessibility plan
People Access also provides ready solutions for:
- IASR training: already prepared customizable e-Learning courses to simplify training
- Capital planning: certified facilities accessibility assessments and data management software that will prioritize and cost out remediation projects for budgeting
- Website assessment and design: accredited website reviewers to provide an assessment of your site
- Alternate formats: specialists in accessible billing and statements, public information, and captioning.
- Structural barrier workarounds: cost effective accessibility products like portable suitcase ramps, threshold bevels, outdoor matting, traffic cones, Big Bell® wireless alert system, voting systems and supplies, and much more.
People Access is a division of Excellence Canada, home of the Ontario Accessibility Award Program of which the Honourable David C. Onley, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, is the honorary patron. Once you have satisfied the regulatory requirements, we invite you to apply for this award by downloading the application.